Friday, August 22, 2008

Take Extra Care of the Nail Beds

I overheard a small piece of conversation today that has left me rather puzzled. I wish I could have heard the whole conversation in context but alas all I caught was this.

“I forgot to wash my hands before eating that soup.”

Sure, on the surface it sounds perfectly reasonable. This woman was just concerned with maintaining proper hygiene, as we all should be, but then it hits you…is she eating the soup with her hands? That would indicate a rather thick and dry soup, not to mention it would have to be cold enough to handle. In my experience soups of that consistency and temperature are generally called sandwiches. On the flip side if this woman was actually eating traditional soup, and had a spoon (also traditional) how filthy are her hands? Presuming the average spoon has a handle that is 5 inches long and that she is holding the spoon “toddler-gorilla-fist” style she should still have at least an inch and a half mouth-to-hand clearance. It would take some crazy Evil Knievel germs to jump that distance.

Oh well I guess the truth is just going to have to be one of life’s little mysteries.

Here is a case of be careful of what you wish for.


via videosift.com

This band has gone slightly stir crazy on their tour bus; either that or they have been hanging around R. Kelly a little too much. Here is Pee On You.


via videosift.com

This one is such a mess I am not even going to write about it.



CHALLENGE!!!

This is another one of those CHALLEGE!!! videos that I could not tear myself away from. The instructor’s comments start getting really wacky at about 2 minutes in.


via videosift.com

No comments: