Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why do Security Guards Wear Ties?

Believe it or not there are still a large number of people out there who believe one the more important topics of the current presidential election should be national security. I cannot blame them entirely, everyone wants to feel safe. It is for this reason I lock my doors every night. However as I set the deadbolt I am all too aware of the fact that there is an easily breakable window not two feet away. I go through this routine knowing that security is an illusion. In the long run should we have protection, yes, but I think that we need to be careful not to cross the line into paranoia. Every time I see something like this I feel we are slipping further and further over that line.


This strangely random piece of street art shut down a Washington D.C. metro station, and caused delays on several of the train lines. Obviously the D.C.ers learned nothing from the folly of the Bostonians and their 3 million dollar scare over some Cartoon Network viral campaigning.


I can hope that some good will come of this knee jerk overreaction, at least now the terrorists will have to abandon their plots to attack us from the fluffy cuddly aisle of our local Toys R Us.


WATCH OUT!!!

I am one who does enjoy a good cartoon every now and then, and some of the most masterfully crafted cartoons come from Japan. This kind of stuff comes from Japan too.


via videosift.com

Here is a simple bit of animation called Internet Penis

No comments: