Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Esplozion in Yo Fase!

Some of my favorite journeys into WTFdom end in laughter. Some journeys leave me slack jawed and confused, and some just make me weep. Today’s journey encompassed all three. I will not try to comprehend what these videos mean, and neither should you. I fear doing so might cause and aneurism.

Ah, the classically animated music video. This is such a simple concept, a song about the beach, lobsters, and race wars.


via videosift.com

This Flash animated video plays out slightly like Homestarrunner meats a Cadbury Crème Egg commercial with a healthy dose of WTF thrown in.


via videosift.com

I don’t know if this is a new trend in Euro-pop videos, but it should probably stop. I can understand the cultural tie of retro videogames to indy music, but this is just bizarre.


via videosift.com

If that was bizarre, this is just plain frightening.


via videosift.com

Had enough yet? I am sure you have. Let us switch gears to something a little less messed up. Here is one found by Chris.



To keep our musical theme going, Andy supplied me with this one. The fall of communism has spawned a few bastard children. The Leningrad Cowboys are one of those children. Yes they are Russian. Yes they are singing “Sweet Home Alabama”. Yes that is the Red Army Choir singing back up. I don’t know if the hair is real, but some things just need to remain a mystery.

No comments: