Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dedicated to Harriet and Sophie

I am a spiritualist and a philosopher, science has never failed me because I don’t believe in science. Now before you think that I am some nut-bag fundamentalist, you should know that my viewpoints are not a result of my faith in God, but more derived from my utter lack of faith in humans. I can appreciate the fruits of scientific discovery; cars, electronics, modern medicine, but don’t expect me to fall in line every time a new study finds a correlation or a physicist names a new atomic sub-particle. Hell, in my mind Pluto is still a planet and it doesn’t matter either way, because I am never going to set foot on it. The point that I am trying to make is this; we as a race are usually wrong. When we first looked up at the heavens we were convinced that we were the center of the universe. Some one came along and figured out that that was wrong simply by watching the stars and planets go by. We were convinced that everything was set in space by this mysterious substance called Ether. That thought was mostly dismissed when we decided that gravity is the universal force that binds us all together. Now there is Dark Energy that is pushing our universe apart in spite of gravity, but no one can explain where it comes from and why it hasn’t blown us away like dust. If that weren’t enough, if you ask a modern day physicist where the actual center of the universe is; they will tell you that because space and time are expanding, and mobius in form, there is no center of the universe. As a result, perspective from any given point of the universe (including earth) could be considered the center. I guess we are back to square one.

Sorry for the grumpy post, here are some less bleak videos to smile at, or just be confused by, take your pick.


via videosift.com

Thank the goodness we had the innocence of the 1950’s. Its naivety gave us license to run around naked for the following decade and a half. It also gave us great commercials like this one.


via videosift.com

I am still trying to determine if the person who spent hours and hours of editing Rachel Ray’s show audio did it out of spite, humor, or some sort of sexual perversion.


via videosift.com

No comments: