Thursday, June 26, 2008

ragum fragum mothum grumble

Frequently my utter distain for humanity is refreshed anew when I read stories such as the one that can be found here.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/06/nbc-resolves-la.html

There are very few times that you will find me standing on the side of civil litigation, and that story is the reason why. Sure small claims court serves a good purpose, and every once and a while a grand injustice can be brought to light via a civil case, but it seems that the trend of most cases leans toward frivolous money grubbing. Now before you call me cruel, I can understand that the plaintiff lost someone dear to her, and she feels that if NBC had not created an artificial situation her brother would still be alive…OH WAIT! Go ahead and call me cruel because this woman deserves absolutely nothing. Let us review the situation that led her to her grief. Her twisted brother was the one to respond and pursue an individual with the full assumption that they were under age, and he was also the one to take his own life. I fail to see how a multi-million dollar news corporation can be held accountable for this situation. But that is exactly the point isn’t it, NBC is a multi-million dollar news corporation with an extreme concern over public image. Had a group of concerned citizens without deep pockets ensnared her brother in a similar trap, I severely doubt there would be litigation at all. I certainly hope that she enjoys her $105 million. I would have to assume that she plans on spending the money on some sort of machine to bring her brother back from the dead, as well as cure him from the pedophilia, because quite frankly that is the only thing that will actually help her cope with the loss.

Crap, now I know why people like George Carlin die so young, anger takes a lot out of you.

Dark, offensive, crudely animated humor is good for the soul.


via videosift.com

CHALLENGE!!!

Yes this is painful to look at, yes this is painful to listen to, and yes that is a dude.


via videosift.com

No comments: