Tuesday, June 17, 2008

If Only I Knew How to Print

So I was sitting here blankly staring at a Microsoft Word Document trying to ponder what to rant about today. I was not having a whole lot of luck coming up with a topic until I looked over and saw this.



I had never really paid that close of attention to how incredibly helpful Microsoft has become. Seriously look at those perks to using Office Online. Not only can you connect, but you can get the latest news about using Word. I can only imagine the twitter of excitement that comes with being able to hear the latest news about typing in a word processing program. I bet there are all sorts of riveting headlines out there like; Man Bends Pinky Nail While Attempting an End Parenthesis, or even Study Finds Link Between Sidebar Scrolling and Illiteracy. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an entire cable news network created just to handle all the latest and greatest Word Processing News crop up in the near future, perhaps MSNBC was just a starting point. The only thing topping the bullet point about getting the latest news is the bullet point promising the possibility of more bullet points automatically. And of course we can all sleep soundly knowing that Microsoft is there protecting us from our own ignorance. It is fairly obvious that they believe their end users are a bunch helmet wearing, slack mouthed droolers without the common sense to figure out how to print more than one copy of a document.

Thank you Bill Gates for being smart enough for us all.

I realize that we have it really good in America. A lot of the things we do can be considered the best that the world has to offer. I figured that that sentiment fit well our boy bands until I saw this video. N’Sync and Backstreet Boys have nothing on this Russian wonder group.


via videosift.com

I have toyed with putting this video up for a long time. It has always made me smile and believe me it is worth watching the whole thing.


via videosift.com

No comments: