Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Po-Po is Keeping Me Down

I got a ticket on the way into work last week. I don’t claim innocence; I was speeding, as I usually do through the industrial park that houses one of my places of employment. The amazing part of the whole thing is the amount of bureaucratic bull shit that I am going to have to go through just to try and get the points removed from my record. I gave the ticket a couple of days to make it to the courts before I called to get a date, unfortunately the day I called was the Friday before Memorial Day. Low and behold they were closed... nice. Monday was the holiday, a day that obviously needed 3 days to work up to, so I called on Tuesday. I was treated rather haughtily and told in a tone, suggesting that it was my fault, that the court was without power and that I would have to call back on Wednesday in order to receive a court date. So this morning I called for the third time, and got myself into the process of receiving a court date. Notice I didn’t say that I received a court date. Sometime in the next three weeks I will receive a letter in the mail that will tell me, within the sub sequential following 6 to 8 weeks, what day my court date will be. Come fall my 5 mph over speeding ticket should be cleared up. I couldn’t imagine treating people this way. I think about how irritated the 10s of people who come to this blog on a semi weekly basis would be if I posted videos on a 3 month delay. Actually they wouldn’t be irritated, they would just move on to a better outlet. That is the catch though; there is no other outlet for dealing with speeding tickets. Judge Wapner/Judy/Greg Mathis/Joe Brown/Hatchett only take on civil dispute cases, and Judge Dredd was a terrible movie staring Sylvester Stallone. So I am stuck with a time consuming court process as well as the inability to scrub the horrible memories of a crappy comic to movie port, staring a mentally retarded slurring Italian-American with a girly sounding name, from my mind.

Speaking of crime and punishment, have fun punishing your selves with this trio of eccentricity.

I knew there was a reason that I didn’t care for cats, they make French style films when no one is looking.


via videosift.com

This is the kind of film that I can get behind; it leaves so many questions in one’s mind. Such as:

Why did Rumpelstiltskin feel the need to make life easier on his victim?

Why was this man’s reaction speed so slow?

If Rumpelstiltskin can remove his head, can he put it back on?

Did this man actually die from the semi-vicious tooth to neck raking, or did he merely fall down laughing at the hilarity of the situation?


via videosift.com

At last we come to the point where sheep need to be involved. This video I nabbed from a site called rocketboom.com. Andy suggested the site. I won’t be going back to it because of jealousy reasons. The blogger does, everyday, what I think in my head that this site should do. The difference is that she actually does it, and she does it with a British accent (it is unknown to most people that I too write my blog with a British accent).

No comments: