Friday, July 18, 2008

Aye-aye Captain

There are a many places on this planet that I am very grateful that I was not born. I think the place that currently tops my list is Madagascar. Obviously being a heat-phobe should be enough to make me not want to live there, but what really gets me is all of the freaky animals that come from there. Animals like the Aye-aye.


Cute isn’t it, this particular Aye-aye is a baby and they don’t get much better looking with age either.


Just look at that thing’s feet!!! That is if you can pull your gaze away from its freaky head long enough. Here I will make it easy for you.


Okay…okay, perhaps I am not using the most flattering photos of it, there has got to be a cuter picture.


Well maybe not.


Well if the fact that these creatures roam the night in Madagascar wasn’t enough to keep you away then this little fact just might. The Aye-aye is an endangered animal. Why you say? They have been hunted into near extinction by the local Madagascans who find them to be a delicious source of meat.

Yes, people eat them.



I guess when compared to what Americans will eat (as parodied in this video) the Aye-aye may not be so bad after all.



Here is part 3 of A Vodka Movie by Zach Galifianakis, Tim and Eric. If you haven’t seen parts one and two refer back to my post on Tuesday, May 6th entitled Garfield Hated Mondays.


via videosift.com

No comments: